Our Client are a major player in the Aviation industry and continue to expand and develop. Due to this expansion they now require a number of Landing Gear Technicians who will be responsible for the safe overhaul and repair of Aircraft Systems / Component products.
He/she must ensure that required quality, safety and technical standards of work are maintained as per company manuals and regulatory requirements. All work done must be inspected, repaired, tested and in compliance with the standards specified. The technician is also responsible for training, assisting and imparting knowledge to other staff and apprentices in the Business unit.
- Ensure that all work and duties assigned are completed in a timely and professional manner so as to maximise output.
- Carry out all work to required technical and approved standards.
- Ensure that all work completed is signed for as required.
- Maintain an excellent timekeeping and attendance record in line with company procedures.
- Ensure handovers are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure all billable man-hours and materials are captured in the Company ERP system.
- Assist with corrective action on audit findings
- Ensure proper use of all personal protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Check that all technical documentation used are up to date.
- Verify that test equipment used is within calibration date.
- Maintain work area in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Report any technical or airworthiness issue to the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Have served a recognised related apprenticeship/traineeship and successfully completed final exams.
- Competence in inspection, repair and overhaul of components and aircraft systems.
- The ability and willingness to attain Company Approvals relevant to the area if required.
- Display a good working knowledge of technical matters relevant to the activities of the Business Unit.
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements of maintenance manuals, engineering drawings, instructions, service bulletins and job-cards.
- A good standard of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to adapt to change and work as part of a team.
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn and implement new systems and procedures in line with Company objectives.
- Possess a common sense and flexible approach to changing priorities and customer demands at short notice.
- Good all round knowledge of Company IT systems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.