A Search Talent First!
Thursday, 17th of November, marked a historic day in the Search Talent history books.
Our Commercial Director, Ben Lillington-Lester, was joined by his right-hand man Josh Williams as they led Search Talent’s inaugural webinar on CV Writing: Tips & Tricks.
It proved to be a popular first as they were booked out with candidates eager to absorb all the valuable knowledge and expertise on show. They ran through the purpose of a CV which is of course to secure an interview and in the interview is where you really shine.
Key points to note can be seen below:
- Provide your employment history with the most recent first.
- Stick to 2 pages – 3 MAX!
- Use industry standard job titles.
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile – you should all have one!
- Keep it short, clear and, OF COURSE, relevant.
- Proofread your work, use spell and grammar check and get someone else to review.
- Use bullet points – no need for novels
- Use power words – designed, managed or developed
- Use 1st or 3rd person – no “I did… or “Josh did”…
- Use crazy colours and fonts (Calibri & Arial are best)
- Add in tables and charts – keep it simple
- Include a head shot or date of birth
- Have an inappropriate email address – NO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use jargon or acronyms
- Put a statement in if you cannot back it up.